GH And Petey's Timberwolves Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Leaving for the Woods of Northern Wisconsin

Well, last night's victory over Washington was pretty sweet. When a game goes like that, there's just not a whole lot to say. Our defense was the best it's been all season, despite an unhealthy Spree. In the first quarter, the Wolves tied a season best by allowing only 15 points, then in the fourth quarter, we surpassed that by giving up only 15.

Now, I'm leaving for a Cabin in Wisconsin to hang out with some of my old college buddies for a few days (Petey's already fled the country to Mexico). Hopefully I'll return refreshed, enlightened, and hungover. I leave you with the following thoughts:
  • Just a few days after one of the most embarrassing losses of the season, Vikings owner exercises the $1 million option on head coach Mike Tice's contract. I was hoping that the Vikes would miss the playoffs so he'd get fired, but I guess it doesn't matter how badly we collapse. My guess is that Red McCombs is trying to sabotage the team so he can move them to San Antonio.
  • Of all the hot actresses, the only one that all of my buddies could all agree was top 5 was Jennifer Connelly.
  • The NBA should only allow the top 4 teams in each league to make the playoffs.
  • Don't you hate it when announcers say "He's an even better person than he is a player"? John Madden was saying this about Reggie White today, and it's something I hear all the time. But seeing as though Reggie was one of the top defenders of all time, that would put him up there people-wise with the likes of Mother Theresa and Martin Luther King. Somehow I doubt it.

Discuss.