GH And Petey's Timberwolves Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hot NBA Action All Over Your Face

Two more days of NBA playoffs. Six More Games.

Tuesday

The Miami and Detroit games went pretty much as expected, with both teams winning easily.

I had been eagerly anticipating the Kings vs. Sonics game, but unfortunately for me, I had forgotten just how terrible the Kings have gotten. I mean, they really looked awful during most of the game. Getting rid of CWebb was probably a good move for this team, as they're going to need as much (or more) of a facelift as the Timberwolves.

They actually had decent winning chances in the first game. They had been way behind but made a good run. They had the ball with a chance to tie, but with about 9 seconds left Bibby inexplicably hucked up an airball from 10-feet beyond the arc.

The one thing they have going for them in this series however, is that Seattle doesn't seem to like keeping big leads. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't bode well for the Sonics if they advance past this round. If they're going to beat an elite team like the Spurs or the Suns in a 7 game series, they'll have to be more consistent.

On a related note, Booth52 over at Supersonic Soul sent me this link the other day, and I thought I'd throw it out there for anybody who's interested.

On another related not. Radmonovic's hair may be the most intriguing story in this year's playoffs.


What the hell?


Wednesday

Even since going to see the Bulls in LA, I've become somewhat of a fan. Their team reminds me a lot of the 2001 Twins. A bunch of young kids with no real big superstar to lead them coming out of nowhere to contend. I was a bit worried about their chances without Curry, but have been doing well so far.

Memphis actually played tough tonight. I was expecting them to just get rolled again. I only caught the very end of the game, where they had a chance to tie and Gasol got swatted by Q!!! You just don't expect something like that to happen in the final minute of a close game. It sort of demonstrates how far Gasol has to come if he wants to be a superstar in this league. You think KG would ever get swatted like that at the end of a game?

While I had some cautious optimism for Denver in their series after the first game, it looks as though the Big Muppet is back in full form. With a less than healthy Duncan, I think the Nuggets have a shot to win the series. With a healthy Duncan, I think the Spurs win it all.

On the plus side for Denver, they've taken home court away from the Spurs, and Denver is notoriously one of the hardest places to win on the road due to the altitude. I'm not quite ready to count out Denver yet, but they took a giant leap backwards tonight.