GH And Petey's Timberwolves Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

Back To The Grind

After a fun all-star weekend, it will be back to work for the Wolves on Tuesday. The 1st half of the season ended on a pretty strong note for them, with a convincing win over Robert Swift and the Seattle Sonics. Perhaps the best thing I can say for them about that game is that they actually knew like they knew what they were doing out there, which is something I haven't seen for a while. Rather than a collection of individual efforts, it looked like a collective team effort. I can only assume that this meant that they practiced.

I missed the rookie/sophomore game, but caught the rest of the festivities. The dunk contest was the best in years, although I was starting to get a little frustrated with Robinson at the end. His dunk over Spud Webb was inspiring, but I got really frustrated with his 20+ attempts that it took him to make his last 2 dunks. Iguodala's first round dunk was perhaps the most amazing I've ever seen in a dunk contest.

The all-star game must have felt like deja vu for KG. His team plays well, builds a nice early lead, then totally collapses in the second half and loses. It was still a fun and exciting game. It was worth it alone to watch Shaq's alley oop to himself off of the backboard on a FT attempt. I don't think I've ever seen so FT violations by one person on one free throw before, and I just cracked up when he did it.